Elite Associates have partnered with an exciting fast fashion brand to recruit a freelance garment technologist (3 days a week) working across womenswear, menswear and accessories. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-growing business based in Borehamwood. Multi category experience and strong excel skills are a must!
• Working cross – functionally to ensure quality assurance.
• Performing weekly fit sessions, assisting and advising the factory on best production practices.
• Advising on fabrics, identifying potential issues with product and sealing samples
• To communicate the initial design ideas with the supplier.
• To gather all the initial information to send to the suppliers so they can proceed with the 1st proto samples.
• Assist the factories in any queries they may have throughout the sampling period.
• Liaising and supporting all other departments ensuring dates are achieved.
• Implement quality measures and monitoring of procedures on a day to day basis.
• Able to measure garments accurately, creating measurement guidelines as industry standard for the factory, grade garments across sizes and able to complete detailed spec measurement sheets.
• Experience working with CMT factories.
• Knowledge of pattern cutting.
• Able to follow a critical path and keep an organised working system.
• Accurate and precise when completing excel spreadsheet with fit comments / spec measurements to ensure factory are following correct details and all production is accurate.
• Able to work in a small team and have a vibrant and hardworking approach to their role and very personable.
• Excellent knowledge of Excel
• You will need to be very organised & have a keen attention to detail
• Able to work alone and as part of a team
• Strong visual communication & presentation skills
• A self-starter able to work independently and collaboratively.
• Enthusiasm, energy and determination – a good sense of humour also helps!
This role would suit someone who lives in North London, as it’s a very quick train from Kings Cross/West Hampstead. My client does have parking and is flexible on the days you would like to work. This is a freelance role, 3 days per week, paying £107 per day.