A quirky fashion label launched in 2014, requires a Finance Assistant to join them on a possible temp 2 perm basis. This role will provide essential support to the Finance Manager, playing a key role in the smooth running of the in-house finance function. The temporary role is a diverse one and offers the suitable candidate an excellent opportunity to gain exposure across a broad range of areas in a dynamic and growing fashion wholesale/ retail business.
Main duties to include:
Purchase ledger –
• Administration of purchase invoice/ credit note management software, ensuring approval takes place within agreed timeframe, in accordance with company procedure.
• Apply payments appropriately as they are made where they arise, reconcile any differences.
• Prepare up to date aged creditor listings in preparation for weekly payment runs.
• Act as go-between for all finance-related supplier queries.
Sales ledger –
• Upload of sales invoices/ credit notes in the appropriate accounts using Xero, in accordance with company procedure.
• Apply receipts appropriately as they are received.
• Assist with the production each week of the e-commerce and wholesale sales performance reports.
• Act as the go-between for all finance-related customer queries.
Credit control –
• Monitor and assist with the management of aged debtors.
Bank and cash –
• Monitor the bank accounts regularly.
• Reconcile all entries as necessary.
• Perform full reconciliations on a monthly basis.
• Maintain and keep up to date records of all company card purchases, staff expense claims, credit card purchases, etc.
Periodic review of customer/ supplier standing information as held in company files, ensuring all information is current and correct.
The ideal candidate will be systems savvy – strong systems knowledge; able to learn new systems quickly. You will be a team player – proven ability to work co-operatively with others to achieve common goals. You will have the ability to communicate clearly and confidently with a range of people, both on the phone, over email and in person.
Ideally, you will have previous experience of working within a Finance function in a small and dynamic work environment, proven track record of performing reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner. You will also have strong Excel skills and be confident pivot tables and v-lookups.
By Applying to this advert you consent to the following use of your Data:
The storage & use of candidate data & CVs or recruitment processes; including sharing their employment details & CV with our client partners.
The storage of passport, residence cards or visas for compliance purposes according to UK employment law.
The storage of contact details from candidates & clients to ensure recruitment processes can be carried out and the sharing of that data should that be necessary during recruitment processes.